Re: [equinox-dev] [prov] "Change request" and IProfileRegistry relationship

I think I'd have to see the changes first, but my initial reaction is that we probably want to get rid of IProfileRegistry.updateProfile(Profile).

I think profile registry would still have add/remove API, and API for querying and getting the profiles. I don't see it necessary to make the engine create and remove profiles, unless it just makes the implementation more straightforward.

susan
Inactive hide details for Pascal Rapicault <Pascal_Rapicault@xxxxxxxxxx>Pascal Rapicault <Pascal_Rapicault@xxxxxxxxxx>

          Pascal Rapicault <Pascal_Rapicault@xxxxxxxxxx>

          01/22/2008 05:30 AM
          Please respond to Equinox development mailing list

cc:
Subject: [equinox-dev] [prov] "Change request" and IProfileRegistry relationship

With the current APIs, profile addition / deletion and update goes through
special APIs on the IProfileRegistry.
In the light of the changes on the IDirector / IPlanner API, I would be
tempted to revise the IProfileRegistry API to see if these methods still
make sense and if they are implemented the way they should.

What do you think?

PaScaL