[equinox-dev] [prov] Comments on "Equinox Provisioning Engine" Wiki page

Simon thanks for adding the info to the wiki. I have a lot of questions and comments but will constrain myself to a few here. Once these are clarified I will attack the remainder.

In the section "Engine processing model and phases"
You list collect, validate, uninstall/unconfigure,...
Is this the order that an operation is asked if it wants to participate in?
The uninstall/unconfigure is not clear. I view these as separate phases. And unconfigure would come first.
In general I don't know what is meant by the use of the '/' means.

For the "We should move to a model where we pass a set of operations with internal operands." comment.
Are we saying that we don't want to allow externally specifying the phase to stop on? It is not clear to me what we are proposing.

Is it possible to add 1 or 2 sentence definitions to what is performed in each phase? I think that would open up the discussion.

Back to the top