[equinox-dev] Declarative Services questions

Dear all,

I'd like to ask anyone on this list: is there anyone out there who is using Declarative Services with Equinox in anger?  On my current project, we have tried to introduce it but have come across some problems.

First of all, we're using the ProSyst implementation.  While we realise this is classified as "not release-ready" [http://www.eclipsezone.com/eclipse/forums/t97348.html ], this is the best implementation we've found so far.  Or is there another, better one out there?

My main question is: how do you implement services that are both declarative, and that also rely on config from the Config Admin service?  We've tried making services both DeclaredComponents and ManagedServices but the interaction between the two is hard to manage.
Do you instead rely on getting configuration from the ComponentContext in activate() methods?  The OSGi spec suggests this should work, but it doesn't appear to be the case with the ProSyst DS implementation anyway.

(Another discrepancy we've seen in this DS implementation is that calls to ComponentContext.disableComponent() and enabledComponent() cause deactivation/activation on the named component to happen synchronously, not asynchronously as the spec states)

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Regards,
Jan

Back to the top