[equinox-dev] Re: How to use launcher.jar in 3.3.0-M7?

"Steven E. Harris" <seh@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I noticed that if I just call
>
>   java -jar org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.0.v20070502.jar
>
> or try to start it up in the debugger using
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.launcher as the main class, initialization
> fails because none of the locations get initialized properly:

Well, I figured out that if I rearranged my files with the following
layout, things sort of work as expected:

  plugins/
    org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.0.v20070502.jar
    org.eclipse.osgi

  configuration/
    config.ini

But that differs from the layout that EclipseStarter seems to expect
when I start it embedded-style from my own launcher program:

  any-directory/
    org.eclipse.osgi
    configuration/
      config.ini

That is, in "embedded mode", as I'll call it, all that matters is that
the "configuration" directory sits below the directory where the
org.eclipse.osgi bundle sits.

With the launcher JAR, the Equinox bundles must be in a directory
called "plugins" with the "configuration" directory as a sibling
rather than a child.

Why the difference?

--
Steven E. Harris