Re: [equinox-dev] EJB's and the Equinox bridge

Hello Thomas,

On Mar 10, 2007, at 22:18 , Thomas Hallgren wrote:

We're using the equinox http-bridge to run some bundles as servlets. It works great. Now we'd like to have the same opportunity with EJB-3 session beans. I'm just curious; Is any work being done in that area? Anything planned?

Has anyone had some experience with OSGi and EJB-3 before? The answer that I really hope to find an answer to is the best way today to run functionality from the Eclipse runtime inside of a EJB session bean hosted by a JBoss 4.5 app server.

Take a look at EasyBeans (http://easybeans.org/) for an example of how to use EJB3 in an OSGi container. Specifically, read these two pages:

http://wiki.easybeans.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/OSGi
http://wiki.easybeans.org/xwiki/bin/view/Doc/OSGi-Assembly

Greetings, Marcel