Re: [equinox-dev] Possible problem with classloaders

Take a look at Section 11 of the OSGi Core Specification ("URL Handlers
Service Specification"). As it states in the introduction:

"This specification is necessary because the standard Java mechanisms for
extending the URL class with new schemes and different content types is
not compatible with the dynamic aspects of an OSGi Service Platform. The
registration of a new scheme or content type is a one time only action in
Java, and once registered, a scheme or content type can never be revoked.
This singleton approach to registration makes the provided mechanism
impossible to use by different, independent bundles. Therefore, it is
necessary for OSGi Framework implementations to hide this mechanism and
provide an alternative mechanism that can be used."

Regards
Neil

> Hello,
>
> I have some problems using equinox bundles and I am hoping somebody here
can
> point me to how to do it. I'm trying to implement a custom protocol handler
> in an equinox bundle. I'm
> iving  -Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=org.ac.net.protocols containing the
protocol package as a VM-Argument. Somehow java still doesn't find this
package and gives me an  java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown
protocol: ... . I guess I have some problems with the classloaders again
but cannot find how to do it correctly. Thanks in advance for any
advice.