Re: [equinox-dev] Replaceable OSGi runtime

DJ is also doing something to that end: he is creating a bundle containing all the services that are currently shipped as part of equinox in order to help people run eclipse bundles on top of other frameworks.
I think you may want to coordinate with him on this mailing-list.
Could you also details your requirements?

Thx

PaScaL

Gorkem Ercan <gercan@xxxxxxx>

11/02/2006 03:02 PM

Please respond to

equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
eRCP project developer discussions <dsdp-ercp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
[equinox-dev] Replaceable OSGi runtime

Hi,
In eRCP project, we try to provide the RCP functionality to mobile
devices. A challenge we currently face is some of the mobile platforms
already come with an OSGi runtime environment that is optimized and
integrated for the mobile platform. The ability to utilize the mobile
platform provided OSGi runtime is very valuable for the eRCP project. It
will allow us to provide us to provide more integrated eRCP and be more
resource conscious.
We have already started to work towards this goal but because of our
close relations to equinox and platform runtime we seek ways to
collaborate on our goal to provide replaceable OSGi runtime to the platform.
--
Gorkem Ercan
eRCP subproject lead.