[equinox-dev] Re: Guide for org.eclipse.equinox.registry bundle

Hi Jingshun,
I am not sure I understand your question. Are you asking about the concept of extension registry and how to use it? Depending on what you are looking for, you can check the following pages in the Eclipse help:

A one-page description of extension and extension points::
Eclipse Help -> Platform Plug-in Developer Guide -> Programmer's Guide -> Runtime Overview -> The runtime plug-in model
Eclipse Help -> Platform Plug-in Developer Guide -> Programmer's Guide -> Runtime Overview -> The runtime plug-in model -> Extension points and the registry

How to use extensions and extension points in the development environment:
Plug-in Development Environment Guide -> Tools -> Editors -> Plug-in Manifest Editor -> Extensions
Plug-in Development Environment Guide -> Tools -> Editors -> Plug-in Manifest Editor -> Extension Points

Specific documentation on the formats of files:
Eclipse Help -> Platform Plug-in Developer Guide -> Reference -> Other Reference Information -> Plug-in manifest

If you are looking for a ways to programmatically access the extension registry, take a look at the packages
  • org.eclipse.core.tests.internal.registry.simple
  • org.eclipse.core.tests.internal.registry

from the org.eclipse.core.tests.runtime plugin and consider Javadocs from the following APIs from the org.eclipse.core.runtime package:
  • IExtensionRegistry
  • RegistryFactory

Sincerely,
Oleg Besedin

"Jingshun Hao" <jason.hao@xxxxxxxxx>

08/23/2006 12:21 PM

Please respond to

equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[equinox-dev] Guide for org.eclipse.equinox.registry bundle

All,

I want to introduce extension feature into my project. But I don't know where to start. I need a working example  org.eclipse.equinox.registry bundle. If there's any useful info you have in hands, please share it with me. I'll be very appreciated.

--
Best Regards,

Jason Hao