[equinox-dev] osgi.framework.extensions System Property

I have only had success configuring framework extensions in a runtime workbench if I use a "simple bundle location" e.g. "org.aspectj.osgi" and have the  org.eclipse.osgi bundle in my workspace configured using either "osgi.framework=org.eclipse.osgi" or "osgi.framework=file\:C\:/workspaces/blah/org.eclipse.osgi". This allows Eclipse to search the parent directory i.e. my workspace to find the extension. However the documentation (http://help.eclipse.org/help31/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/misc/runtime-options.html) states that a URL can be used e.g. "file\:C\:/workspaces/blah/org.aspectj.osgi" but this doesn't seem to work and I can't see how the logic in org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.readFrameworkExtensions() could support URLs. I would like to configure a framework extension without needing the org.eclipse.osgi bundle in my workspace in source or binary form. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Matthew Webster
AOSD Project
Java Technology Centre, MP146
IBM Hursley Park, Winchester,  SO21 2JN, England
Telephone: +44 196 2816139 (external) 246139 (internal)
Email: Matthew Webster/UK/IBM @ IBMGB, matthew_webster@xxxxxxxxxx

http://w3.hursley.ibm.com/~websterm/

Back to the top