[epp-dev] No EPP 2024-03 M3 (yet)

Hi everyone,

We still don't have a 2024-03 M3. Starting yesterday the EPP build seems to have stopped working reliably. Something has changed in the behaviour, and I have not tracked down where exactly yet.

I have created a staged build that has the top 5 products for the x86-64 arch here https://download.eclipse.org/technology/epp/staging/ I did that because this smaller size of build seems to have worked its way through the system. (Only 20 archives needed to be produced instead of the typical 70)

If we can resolve it soon without restructuring the build we may still have an M3. Otherwise I am going to start working on restructuring the build (in the way Fred suggested) so that each job only builds a smaller portion and we stitch it all together at the end, but realistically that won't be complete for a couple of days.

I am tracking the IT related issue here: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/issues/4336

@Ed Merks I know in a few hours you normally make the catalog ahead of the release at 10am Ottawa time. We have the option to just publish the 5 products for now, but I suspect it is less disruptive to publish nothing than a partial build. Thoughts? I will be online again in the morning Ottawa time.

@Olivier Goulet FYI until we get this resolved.

Thanks
Jonah
~~~