[emfcp-dev] Bug report quality policy

Hi everybody,

we updated our getting involved documentation with a part about bug report quality.

Here is the text again, so you don't have to go to the website:

Bug report quality policy

Please note that our bug reports (BRs) are an essential source information for adopters to get an overview about applied changes and new features. Therefore, titles must indicate the affected component and express the goal of a change.

It is the reviewer's responsibility to verify that the BR complies with this policy.

Tag bug reports to be retested

If you believe that a change could cause a regression for a consumer please add the "test" keyword to highlight that this feature should be re-tested when a consumer upgrades the affected component. Common instances where this keyword must be added include:
- when the behavior of a component has changed
- when a new feature has been added which is enabled by default

This also includes any changes of the default behavior and adaptations of visible UI elements, even if they are considered an improvement. Further, this includes non-trivial refactorings.
If in doubt, prefer to tag a BR.

Additionally to the "test" tag, provide a comment like this:

TESTING INFORMATION
Summary of the critical part of the change
Potential regressions
Affected areas / use cases
Things that shall be tested

Again, it is part of the code review to check the BR title and the existence of an appropriate comment.

If you identify a regression or change of behavior after the fact, please add the "test" keyword and the testing information as well.

Cheers,
Eugen
--
Eugen Neufeld, M.Sc.

Software Engineer / Consultant
EclipseSource Munich

Email: eneufeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://eclipsesource.com/munich
Mobil: +49 176 22 85 11 50
Phone: +49 89 21 555 30 - 13
Fax: +49 89 21 555 30 - 19

EclipseSource Muenchen GmbH
Agnes-Pockels-Bogen 1
80992 Muenchen

General Managers: Dr. Jonas Helming, Dr. Maximilian Koegel
Registered Office: Agnes-Pockels-Bogen 1, 80992 Muenchen, Commercial Register Muenchen, HRB 191789

Back to the top