Re: [emf-dev] Status of EMF Query

Hi

EMF query/transaction/validation are pretty much on life support after the final IBM committer stepped down. Some Obeo commiters kindly stepped up to rescue EMFq,EMFt,EMFv from oblivion, merging them as the EMF Services project. I doubt that there is much enthusiasm to do more than keep the builds going. If you are interested in contributing, you probably need to request to become a committer.

wrt EMF Query, I have never understood its purpose. In particular, the EMFq OCL support seems to just add a level of opacity; it seems much easier to specify the OCL query directly. I can only assume that the EMFq support was part of the XML fumbling that motivated the addition EMF delegates and so facilitated the much more ergonomic OCLinEcore support.

NB. EMFq,EMFt,EMFv are nothing to do with QVT for which QVTo and QVTd projects are active.

Regards

Ed Willink