From: "Frank Budinsky" <frankb@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <emf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 7:31 PM
Subject: Re: [emf-dev] Loading using streams

Francisco,

Thanks for the kind words.

1. EMF only uses and works with UML class diagrams. Other projects, built
on top of EMF (like the UML2 project), work with other diagrams.

2. Yes, much of EMF can also be run standalone - see the EMF FAQ.

3. You can request a newsgroup ID/password here:
http://dev.eclipse.org/newsManager/newsRequestForm.html

Frank.

                      "Francisco"
                      <fcmr@xxxxxxxxxx>        To:
<emf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      emf-dev-admin@ecl        Subject:  Re: [emf-dev]
                      ipse.org

                      01/20/2004 04:08
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      emf-dev

Hi,

 I'm a brazillian student of master degree (Oriented Object in
www.ufrj.br).
I'm developing a UML tool  with EMF, UML2, GEF, SWT(maybe SWING).
I bought the book of Frank about EMF, but I have some questions:

Can I use EMF for developing anothers models(use case, collaboration e ...)
of UML, because in the the book all examples using Class Diagram ?
Can I use EMF in standalone applicatIon? I intend to run my tool out of
Eclipse ? In the future I intend to put in the eclipse (plugin)!
Please, I need of user/password to access the newsgroup ??

Frank,

I bought the EMF Book. It´s worderfull ! Congratulations for your work!

Francisco
Msc in Oriented Object