Re: [embed-cdt-dev] Query regarding LLVM tool chain with Openocd

> On 8 Dec 2020, at 09:10, Rahul Gupta <gupta5035@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I need to add support for a new processor using the LLVM tool chain but in eclipse not able to find any plugin for LLVM tool chain.
> Please comment if you are aware if any LLVM tool chain plugin exists.

My experience with LLVM in Eclipse is not great. There is some support in CDT, but I did not find it usable on my Mac, so I did not go very far.

> in eclipse with open ocd , in GDB client setup if i am using aarch64-none-elf-gdb.exe then i am able to proceed. If I am using lldb.exe which is part of LLVM tool chain to debug then I am getting an error in launching  "Could not determine GDB version after sending lldb.exe --version"  .

> Please comment how to resolve this issue.

This is something different. The Embedded CDT debug plug-ins are based on the GDB Hardware Debugging plug-ins, available in CDT. As the name implies, they are specific to gdb, and cannot be used with lldb.

I'm afraid at this moment I don't know of a proper solution for lldb. :-(

Regards,

Liviu

Back to the top