Re: [embed-cdt-dev] Embedded CDT v6.0.0 major release preview

> On 17 Nov 2020, at 16:16, Jonah Graham <jonah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Only thing that is incorrect(ish) is that you have used https://download.eclipse.org/embed-cdt/releases/6.0.0/p2/ as the URL which implies a release and something unchanging, but I note that it has already changed content once. While not all projects follow the recommendations here, you can look at https://wiki.eclipse.org/Simrel/Contributing_to_Simrel_Aggregation_Build#The_best_format_and_process_for_contributing_to_Sim._Release for more details.

Yes, the current model can lead to broken builds, since after publishing a new version of the plug-ins the EPP builds will fail.

My initial understanding was that once a /release/x.y.z folder is created, it'll no longer be changed. Now it looks like we can change 6.0.0 several times, so probably the url is no longer appropriate.

My past attempts to create multi-version repos failed, perhaps we should revisit the build procedures to accommodate this.

Definitely there is place for further improvements.

Regards,

Liviu

Back to the top