Re: [embed-cdt-dev] maven build

> On 7 Nov 2020, at 18:14, Alexander Fedorov <alexander.fedorov@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hmm. Do you have the same problem inside the Eclipse IDE with the new target?

I moved everything back to the regular folder (since before I did a test in a path without spaces) and inside Eclipse I get:

ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-compiler-plugin:1.7.0:compile (default-compile) on project org.eclipse.embedcdt.core: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
[ERROR] /Users/ilg/My Files/WKS Projects/eclipse-embed-cdt.github/eclipse-plugins.git/plugins/org.eclipse.embedcdt.core/src/com/github/zafarkhaja/semver/ParseException.java:
[ERROR] 	/*
[ERROR] 	^
[ERROR] The type org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Composite cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
[ERROR] 1 problem (1 error)
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-compiler-plugin:1.7.0:compile (default-compile) on project org.eclipse.embedcdt.core: Compilation failure
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:215)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:156)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:148)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:117)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:81)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder.build(SingleThreadedBuilder.java:56)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:128)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:305)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:192)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:105)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:282)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:225)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:406)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:347)
Caused by: copied.org.apache.maven.plugin.CompilationFailureException: Compilation failure
	at copied.org.apache.maven.plugin.AbstractCompilerMojo.execute(AbstractCompilerMojo.java:428)
	at org.eclipse.tycho.compiler.AbstractOsgiCompilerMojo.execute(AbstractOsgiCompilerMojo.java:293)
	at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:137)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:210)
	... 20 more
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException

If I run it from a terminal I get a similar error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-compiler-plugin:1.7.0:compile (default-compile) on project org.eclipse.embedcdt.core: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
[ERROR] /Users/ilg/My Files/WKS Projects/eclipse-embed-cdt.github/eclipse-plugins.git/plugins/org.eclipse.embedcdt.core/src/com/github/zafarkhaja/semver/ParseException.java:
[ERROR] 	/*
[ERROR] 	^
[ERROR] The type org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Composite cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
[ERROR] 1 problem (1 error)
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException

> The failure is very strange because this class does not require SWT.

Yes, the message is very weird, that class does not need SWT, actually has very few dependencies.

And since with the neon URL it works, the problem should be related to the dependencies, one of them requires that SWT class.

But I have no idea how to fix it :-(

Liviu

Back to the top