[embed-cdt-dev] Prepare for first incubation release

I managed to update the eclipse-plugin.git repo to include both the changes that were performed on the embed-cdt branch (mainly license updates) and the few bugs that were fixed in the latest release.

Unfortunately, since the changes in embed-cdt included a major folder rename, and in these folders there were some submodules, that was probably a a bit too much for git, so that regular merges, and even cherry picking, failed with weird errors, so I had to manually re-do the bug fix commits.

Anyway, now the develop branch is again up to date, and I was able to run a successful maven build.

The result, after installing on a fresh 2020-03 Eclipse CDT, looks like this:

I already added the '(incubation)' notice; I hope that it is ok.

Next I'll try to update the few JARs that need to match the versions available in Orbis.

---

Then we need to decide on the location where to publish the plug-ins.

The current URLs for the p2 sites are:

http://gnu-mcu-eclipse.netlify.com/v4-neon-updates-experimental/

The archives with all previous releases are available from:

And the EPP packages are available from:

I would continue to publish the individual archives in the same eclipse-embed-cdt/eclipse-plugins/releases/ location, since I never had issues with it.

For the EPP releases, since I have no idea yet how much effort would be to join the simrel program, I would transfer the existing org.eclipse.epp.packages to eclipse-embed-cdt and continue to publish the releases there, at least for a while.

The only obvious change is the url of the p2 site, which I'd like to move somewhere to eclipse.com/embed-cdt.

Since the structure with 3 separate folders (main + test + experimental) proved useful, I'd like to preserve it.

The 'v4-neon' prefix was added when v4 was released, to make explicit that the plug-ins run only on neon and up.

Now the version was bumped to v5.x, and the plug-ins still run on neon and up. Since I understood that Eclipse will move to Java 11, and there will probably be several more updates, possible incompatible, perhaps we should prepare for multiple download urls.

---

Jonah, since you have a thorough knowledge how these things work within Eclipse, could you suggest how to proceed?

Regards,

Liviu

Back to the top