[elk-dev] Setting up a minimal environment for testing algorithms and visualizing results

Hi,

I am hoping to reproduce some of the issues I have identified in elkjs (e.g. here, and here) in elk, in order to better understand them and resolve them in the Java source code. I reviewed the developer docs, but I am still a bit overwhelmed trying to set up a minimal environment for testing algorithms in Eclipse. I am imagining a sort of minimal setup like:

1. An entry point which loads KGraph JSON into memory, and calls into DiagramLayoutEngine, passing through the kgraph object
2. Layout Graph View is registered with DiagramLayoutEngine, and automatically visualizes the DiagramLayoutEngine response

Does a simple tool or example code like this exist?

I would appreciate any insight you could share on this. Thank you for your help,

Jake

Back to the top