Re: [elk-dev] Setting up elk for development

Hi Chris,

I installed Graphiti SDK in Eclipse, and that resolved the build issues. It might be good to make a note of this on the instructions page.

Thanks again for your help with this,

Jake

> On Aug 17, 2018, at 9:53 AM, Jacob Beard <jake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> I was wondering if you are developing elk in Eclipse Neon or Photon?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Jake
>
>> On Aug 17, 2018, at 9:35 AM, Jacob Beard <jake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Thank you, Chris, I will try this.
>>
>>> On Aug 17, 2018, at 9:02 AM, Christoph Daniel Schulze <cds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Jacob,
>>>
>>> the problem seems to be that Oomph failed to find some GMF and Graphiti
>>> dependencies required by our layout connectors. I was unable to
>>> reproduce the problem, but then again the offending plug-ins are
>>> probably already in my local P2 pool.
>>>
>>> I see the following solutions:
>>>
>>> 1. Close org.eclipse.elk.conn.graphiti and org.eclipse.elk.conn.gmf if
>>> you don't need them and don't worry about the missing dependencies.
>>>
>>> 2. Find out whether the missing plug-ins are still part of the Photon
>>> distribution and, if not, where they can be found. From your list of
>>> errors, this seems to affect the following plug-ins:
>>>
>>> org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui
>>> org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.render
>>> org.eclipse.graphiti