Re: [el-dev] Certified versions?

On 02/09/2021 00:36, Ed Bratt wrote:
I have a question for the EL team. I notice that Apache Tomcat is listed on the Expression Language 4.0 specification page <https://jakarta.ee/specifications/expression-language/4.0/>. I don't see a corresponding CCR issue <https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/el-ri/issues?q=label%3Acertification> in the el-ri repository issue list.

Does anyone recall the context of that reference on the Spec. page? I would have expected to see an el-ri certification issue against the Spec. repository. I'd love to have the CI listed -- if it is appropriate.

When the page was drafted Apache Tomcat was one of the potential implementations for certification.

While Apache Tomcat does pass the EL TCK - and has identified and helped fix various bugs in several TCKs - Tomcat is not formally certified for any of the Jakarta EE specifications. This is primarily because there has been no demand for certification from the Tomcat user community.

The reference to Apache Tomcat on that page should be removed.

Mark

Back to the top