Re: [ejb-dev] [cdi-dev] Moving optional EJB tests from CDI to be required tests of EJB

On 8/26/21 9:49 AM, Scott Marlow wrote:

On 8/25/21 10:55 PM, Scott Stark wrote:
  1. I'm all for the downstream container tests moving into the container projects. We have touched on this in previous discussions about cleaning up circularity between specs and TCKs.
  2. Those numbers don't add up with what I currently count on the cdi-tck main branch where the tests have been split into a set of core tests that don't have downstream api dependencies (servlet, ejb, transactions, jus, ...) and a web profile set of tests. I count 1322 in the core and 658 in the web for a total of 1980 currently. Counting just @Test (which is what I did as well) will over count because some test classes have this annotation at both the class and method level, but
  3. Can you find an example of an EJB test you don't think is being run in the web/platform runs?

+1, I'll take a look also.

For reference for how to opt into Web Profile + Full Platform, according to https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/cdi-tck/blob/master/doc/reference/src/main/asciidoc/executing.asciidoc:

"

Running the Tests In the Container - Core and EE parts

To execute tests within Core and EE parts of the specification you need to use in-container mode with the JBoss TCK runner, you first have to setup WildFly as described in the [running-against-weld] callout.

Then, execute the TCK runner with Maven as follows:

mvn test -Dincontainer

The presence of the incontainer property activates an incontainer Maven profile. This time, all the tests except the tests within SE TestNG group are executed.

In order to run tests appropriate to the Jakarta EE Web Profile execute:

mvn test -Dincontainer=webprofile

"

  1. I'm fine with pulling the current EJB related tests and moving them somewhere. Just need to know where.