Subject: Re: [jakarta.ee-spec] Interceptors seems like a template spec
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 11:52:46 -0400
From: Scott Marlow <smarlow@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Jakarta specification discussions <jakarta.ee-spec@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Scott Stark <starksm64@xxxxxxxxx>

On 8/25/21 10:43 AM, Scott Stark wrote:
We were discussing @Interceptors in the CDI call and realized this project does not produce a TCK. It is another spec that is relies on the platform TCK:

We also have many tests for this in the CDI TCK. This is a bad arrangement because it is one of the base api dependencies for CDI, and EJB. It would make more sense to have this in CDI and drop the platform tests and create a new standalone TCK from the existing CDI tests.

https://gist.github.com/scottmarlow/c3e518a64e786887c8c88c8a4ed46797 is a list of the Platform TCK tests that reference jakarta.interceptor classes.  Within the EJB tests that use jakarta.interceptor, there is a subset that seem to be specifically for testing @Interceptors which seem to be contained in a `/interceptor/` test folder.

Opinions on this?

I'm not personally against moving certain EJB/Interceptors tests to the CDI TCK but will ask for more input on Platform TCK ml + EJB SPEC ML.