Re: [ee4j-community] Jakarta EE logo selection process - next steps

Is the concern more that there will be too few options and you guys might not like the  options, or is it that there is some nefarious purpose? If it’s the latter what would they have to gain?

Well, developers always seem to be focused to much on the factual side of communication https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four-sides_model
And this seems to be a problem in this disussion as well. This is not at all about which logo will be decided on.

This is all about the self-relevation/relationship side. And on the relationship side the act of just ignoring the discussion in the community communicates that the community is not relevant to the eclipse foundation.
Unfortunately technical people are notoriously at seeing this side of the communication.

So if the same mail had been written by Paul but starting with:

"We are sorry that the communication went the wrong way. We understand the issues people are having with this and we do not want to impose our selection on the community, but we still think that we need to have a fast decision on the logo and it takes to long to set up a working group for this..."

The "factual" side of the communication would have been exactly the same, but people would know that their issues with the process have been understood and will hopefully be adressed in future decisions.

So perhaps we can still get a statement from the eclipse foundation that they understand the issues people are having with this process and then we can all get along again and move on to more important issues.

Best regards,
  Niklas

Back to the top