From: ee4j-community-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <ee4j-community-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Kevin Sutter
Sent: 01 March 2018 19:58
To: EE4J community discussions <ee4j-community@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ee4j-community] Charter Feedback - Establishing new projects

Overall, I agree with Steve's assessment.  But...  I don't think it's up to the EE4J PMC to propose new projects.  Anybody can do an Eclipse project proposal.  When a proposal is submitted, a top-level project is selected.  The PMC for that project will then be notified and asked to review it.  So, if somebody wants to create a new EE4J sub-project, they could submit a proposal to the EE4J PMC, and it would be evaluated.  If the PMC approves it then it would be submitted to the Eclipse team for provisioning of the new project.

For now, all of the "Java EE" projects are being proposed by the EE4J PMC (specifically, Dmitry is doing most of that leg work, thank you!).  But, after Jakarta EE gets established, then I would not expect that responsibility to fall on the PMC shoulders.  We would become a bottleneck if that were to happen.  We need more participation from the community and new project proposals would be part of that activity.

Kevin Sutter
STSM, MicroProfile and Java EE architect
phone: tl-553-3620 (office), 507-253-3620 (office)
LinkedIn: