Re: [ee4j-community] Eclipse is still behind the current state of Java EE 8

I’ve asked our tooling lead to join the discussion.

Mark.

On 28 Feb 2018, at 10:56, arjan tijms <arjan.tijms@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 11:15 AM, Mark Little <mlittle@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I agree but unfortunately many non-Red Hat Eclipse IDE contributors have dropped away. The community needs to step up and help or convince other vendors to come back.

Me and my friend Bauke have been talking about helping out here for the JSF part. I wonder though, would it be an option for Red Hat to donate it's current JSF tooling to the WTP project?

It's clearly ahead wrt to things like EL completion and navigate into EL expressions from Facelets, but it does need some updates for both JSF 2.2 and JSF 2.3 (for instance, the @FacesConfig annotation was added which switches between a 2.2 pseudo and 2.3 mode, something which IDEs don't know about as of now).

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

Mark.