Alex Theedom

Blog: readlearncode.com
BooksJava EE 8: Only What's New and Professional Java EE Design Patterns javaeedesignpatterns.com

On 21 January 2018 at 10:16, reza_rahman <reza_rahman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That's really great. Maybe not for this but for certain other conferences that I would like to be able to go to but historically have been unable to due to the out of pocket cost issue.

-------- Original message --------
From: Ondrej Mihályi <ondrej.mihalyi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 1/21/18 4:45 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: EE4J community discussions <ee4j-community@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ee4j-community] CFP open for EclipseCon France

Hi,

As we spoke in another thread (I think the one about Java EE Guardians open letter), evangelism by the community is very welcome. If we want to act according to it, we also should be thinking about supporting evangelism effort financially. As explained by Mike M., Eclipse PMC isn't going to invest in marketing but individual vendors can.

I hope that in the future we will be able to agree on some joint form of sponsoring evangelism activities like travelling to conferences for speakers with apprved talks on a relevant topic.

Until then, I suggest everybody to submit to Eclipse Con and other conferences topics related to Java EE, EE4J and MicroProfile and when accepted, ask individual vendors for sponsorship. I can't promise anything for Payara but let me know if you'd like to receive some help.

Ondro