We are already aware about Oracle plans. They are the trademark owners and must preserve their interests. But I'm a bit surprised no vendors have made any public statement asking for a true replacement for the JCP. Some statement on that is what I'd like to hear.

Regards,

Guillermo González de Agüero

El lun., 13 nov. 2017 19:01, Markus KARG <markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

I assume what people like to hear is not "SHOULD BE allowed" but a clear statement of Oracle that reads "it IS allowed".

-Markus

From: ee4j-community-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ee4j-community-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kevin Sutter
Sent: Montag, 13. November 2017 15:06
To: EE4J community discussions

Subject: Re: [ee4j-community] Use of javax.* in new EE4J projects

Getting back to Greg's original post...  Since JCache has already been approved by the JCP, then the continued use of javax.cache.* should be allowed within EE4J.  It's the "net new" technologies that would be incorporated into EE4J that would require an alternate package name.  For example, if a new spec is developed at EE4J -- let's say for NoSQL.  Then, that project would not be allowed to use javax.nosql.*.  This new project would have to use something like org.ee4j.nosql (or whatever is decided).

Kevin Sutter
STSM, MicroProfile and Java EE architect
phone: tl-553-3620 (office), 507-253-3620 (office)
LinkedIn: