Re: [ee4j-community] GlassFish Tools für GlassFish 5

Eclipse IDE and EE4J are 2 distinct projects as Mike M. explained and I believe it would stay like that. However, since Glassfish plugin for Eclipse IDE is owned and maintained by Oracle, it could be considered as a Glassfish-related project and donated to the Eclipse fnd. with other Java EE resources.

Mike, could Eclipse fnd. raise this with Oracle and ask them to donate the sources for this plugin to the Eclipse WTP project? I’m sure that whole JavaEE/EE4J community would benefit from that.

Ondro

Od: Alexander Salvanos
Odesláno:středa 25. října 2017 17:18
Komu: ee4j-community@xxxxxxxxxxx
Předmět: Re: [ee4j-community] GlassFish Tools für GlassFish 5

Thank you Heiko. This is exactly, what I had in mind. Because ee4j is under the Eclipse Umbrella now, the community might expect us, to offer a compact solution with perfect tools for Java EE 8 respectively EE4J inside the Eclipse IDE.

Assuming we stick to GlassFish, we should provide what is needed for this target application server.