From: "John D. Ament" <john.d.ament@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 10/16/17 7:17 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: EE4J community discussions <ee4j-community@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ee4j-community] Tomitribe commitment to EE4J

Reza,

Which *this* are you referring to? Pooled/PoolScoped?

At least one of my hopes is that CDI defines what the programming model looks like, not every feature of the programming model.  For CDI to take on pooling for instance, means that the support of pooling comes from the CDI spec, which is effectively one of the problems faced by the EJB spec - it defined too much.  CDI has already gone to far lengths to define this model, so I would hope its up to another spec to define how its used.  This also works hand in hand with some of the other callouts I've seen on this list - modularity in particular.

In Eclipse MicroProfile, we may have defined that pooling replacement already.  The classic example of a pool is effectively what is now coined as a bulkhead - limiting concurrent access to a single entry point.  We have annotations that define the concurrent accessors of the bean.  It hopefully shouldn't matter if its one instance or 10 instances to the caller, they all have to be modeled in a stateless fashion.

John