Re: [ee4j-community] Tomitribe commitment to EE4J

David Blevins wrote on 10/13/17 11:49 AM:
On the topic of RIs, we would want the ability to chose the RI for anything we might lead.  Before any "that's the way it is" might be used as an argument, we'd point out that we are changing almost everything about EE and its process.  We'd want to see this up for discussion.
That's a fair discussion to have.  The community also needs to decide whether it wants to define an overall "platform" and a corresponding RI such as GlassFish, which would raise issues about how to integrate these disparate component RIs into a coherent whole.

This is all quite possible, of course.  It's just a Simple Matter of Programming.  The end result would have many advantages, but also might delay progress on the APIs.  These time and resource tradeoffs will need to be considered by the community.

Back to the top