Re: [ee4j-community] Red Hat committment to EE4J

On Oct 12, 2017, at 6:48 AM, reza_rahman <reza_rahman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

More specifically, is Red Hat going to continue to move CDI and Bean Validation forward? What about JPA? I don't think anyone in the community can realistically move that forward. I have similar concerns for Servlet (and perhaps a more reactive alternative to Servlet). These APIs are so complex that you really need dedicated folks that work for a vendor full time to move them forward.

Reza, yes, Red Hat plans to move CDI and Bean Validation forward. Mark’s comments were geared more towards Oracle’s decision to “Open Up” the Java EE and the large number of JSRs they currently lead.

-------- Original message --------
From: "John D. Ament" <john.d.ament@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 10/12/17 7:44 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: EE4J community discussions <ee4j-community@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ee4j-community] Red Hat committment to EE4J

Mark,

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:35 AM Mark Little <mlittle@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
For the avoidance of doubt and for those who haven't been paying
attention :) Red Hat is committed to working for the continuing
success of Java EE and now EE4J. We intend to put forward various
individuals who may be relevant to lead various JSRs if no other
appropriate community members step forward as well as the JSRs we lead
currently. When the time is right (note, when not if) we'll also work
to ensure EE4J and Eclipse MicroProfile collaborate in a meaningful
manner and hopefully "merge" in whatever way is appropriate and
determined by both communities.

I'm assuming that the last "we" here is the MicroProfile community and not RedHat, correct?

Mark.