[ee4j-community] Initial thoughts on where the Payara team can contribute best.

Hi All,

As EE4J starts to happen and project and code starts to move to the Eclipse Foundation it is now time for the community to put their hand up and indicate which areas people can commit expertise and real development hours to drive forward.

We’ve had some initial discussions on where the Payara team can provide the biggest impact. First and foremost we can take on driving forward GlassFish as the reference implementation, providing key development effort to ensure EE4J GlassFish is free of bugs and integrates new and updated specifications for future EE4J releases as well as assisting in setting up the dev and CI environments for passing the TCK. This will also include helping keep a bunch of the dependent sub-projects that are not JSRs up to date including HK2, Grizzly, CORBA, etc. This is a big piece of work where our knowledge of the code base means we can provide a great contribution.

In a couple of other areas we can draw and build on the experience and expertise of Arjan Tijms and provide leadership and sustained developer hours to drive forward JSF with Mojarra as well as JSR 375 along with Soteria the RI. Longer term as project teams are drawn up I imagine we will also take on contributing development to many other EE4J projects and maintenance of RIs.

All in all this is an exciting and challenging time that needs community developers, vendors, end users and open-source projects to commit real coding time to the future development of EE4J. I hope we can do our bit without being overwhelmed with the volume of work involved. These are our first thoughts and will evolve as everything becomes clearer.

Steve Millidge

Payara

Back to the top