Re: [ee4j-community] EE4J and the JCP

Gunnar has done an awesome work indeed. A few things to mention though. This was not a full time job, he had other duties in parallel but at the heat of the spec we did try to save as much time as possible for him and others to focus.

It only took a year because we purposely decided not to start the spec too early so that we would not waste energy in sleep cycles. I wish a spec would be free from those considerations while still nicely integration with the whole on a regular basis.
We also deeply wished we had more feedback on the various critical subjects. We had to make due without or tap our internal folks for it.

Not that the experience was bad. But it could be made much more streamlined with a model to be invented if we want innovation out at a rapid pace.

Emmanuel