Re: [ee4j-community] Java Standards Institution

Agreed. If the JCP is not able to fulfil our purposes anymore, we should replace it with something else that serves the same goal. Forking it for each project is not an option.

I'm a bit worried that this may end up being just a totally new and unofficial project, based on what Java EE once was, and independent of Java development. Or in other words, a new Spring, just more open and with broader vendor support. The little interesent shown on retaining the permission to use tha "javax" packages is a sign of this.

A new JCP might be needed for Java to evolve, in case we can't change it enough. But in the meantime, we should still use the JCP where it can help, in a similar way that MicroProfile has done with MP Config.

Regards,

Guillermo González de Agüero