Re: [eclipselink-users] Compilation of named queries: on first use?

Hi Laird,

  At the moment, our named queries are compiled at first usage.

-Tom

Laird Nelson wrote:
I wanted to verify some behavior I'm seeing in EclipseLink 2.2.0 (the version shipped with Glassfish 3.1).

When does EclipseLink compile a named query? Is it upon first usage, or is it at deployment time? I /think/ I'm seeing the former.

If so, this is troubling (to me, anyway) as our unit tests will now have to programmatically try to compile our named queries. I was operating under the (probably mistaken) assumption that named queries were parsed and compiled at deployment time.

Thanks for any input,
Best,
Laird