Re: [eclipse.org-project-leadership] Use of GitHub Issues by Eclipse Projects

On 2015-11-11, 6:16 AM,
"eclipse.org-project-leadership-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Mike
Milinkovich" <eclipse.org-project-leadership-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf
of mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On 11/11/2015 2:54 AM, Wayne Beaton wrote:
>> At this point in time, there is no plan to mirror GitHub issues to
>> Bugzilla or vice versa.
>>
>> What we plan to do is regularly capture issues from GitHub in a manner
>> that can be used to to import into another issue tracker should that
>> need arise. i.e., we're going to pull the data out using GitHub APIs
>> and cache it on our servers.
>
>That is my understanding as well. The EMO does not have the resources to
>build or maintain such a mirroring service.  Our direction at the moment
>is to simply preserve freedom of action in the unlikely event that
>GitHub disappeared.

+1 I think that would be sufficient. My biggest fear is whether github¹s
business model is sustainable. But there are a lot of important projects
and big vendors putting code there so I think it¹s safe to assume that
github disappearing is a long shot and if so, our plans should revolve
around disaster recovery and not a constant mirror of the environments.

BTW, love to see this and thanks to the Board for kicking this off. I¹ve
been hesitant about the github culture and processes, I.e. Pull requests,
as I engage Andmore which is hosted there. But that¹s just me being stuck
in my ways and not wanting to deal with two systems at once. Once I get
over that, I¹ll be fine :).