Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] some simrel projects that (may) need some attention

Thanks for this Jonah.

I believe that the intentions expressed by the EGF project are clear: the project has left the simultaneous release and we need to remove the corresponding aggrcon file.

I'm not sure what to think about XWT and Papyrus. They are both just absent from the 2021-09 release, but are present on either side. They announced their intentions pretty clearly IMHO and nobody responded, so I guess that we just have to be okay with it. As I mentioned below, selectively dropping from a release is unprecedented and, frankly, I'm not sure what the implications are. The Planning Council should probably have some opinion on the matter.

Eclipse Data Tools bothers me. It feels like something that's going to blow up on us. As I stated below, it hasn't been updated in the simultaneous release for three years. There have, however, actually been a couple of updates in the project's repository.  Most recently (July 9), a committer pushed a fix "Master build is broken", but AFAICT the contribution to the simultaneous release has not changed. It looks like the two active committers actually made a few commits during that time frame, but -- again -- those changes have not been sponsored into the simultaneous release as of this writing.

It's not at all clear to me that anybody is testing the four year old Eclipse ACTF bits with the latest Platform drops. This worries me.

These are just the things that I noticed.

Wayne