Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] [tools-pmc] [cross-project-issues-dev] SimRel 2018-09 Release Candidate 2 (RC2) staging repo is complete

As a Planning Council member I'd say if webmasters, simrel, and EPP people can contain the change, then a respin is acceptable.

If not, then I would publish a Known Defect / New & Noteworthy doc somewhere (linked from the simrel release announcement page(s)) which tells people how to get the repaired version of Corrosion from its nightly/snapshot/CI site.  That way the effort for the fix is on the Corrosion team, not the webmasters/simrel/EPP folks.

OTOH, since this is the first simrel release after Photon... does it set a bad precedent / create bad PR if the simrel & EPP packages are not 100% awesome on GA day? If so, then maybe the respin is better than a KD/N&N doc.

Adding PC to cc: for discussion & action.

Nick