Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Fwd: [cross-project-issues-dev] Request to respin Oxygen.2 packages to include m2e 1.8.2

+1 for respin.

I suppose we need better auditing tools to verify that the simrel.x+1 versions of plugins/features are not LOWER than those in simrel.x.

Does the simrel build with Tycho? If so it's pretty easy to set up a baseline version check against the previous stable GA release.

If configured correctly, m2e 1.8.2 in Oxygen.1a therefore prevent building Oxygen.2 if m2e 1.8.1 was included.

If someone points me at how the simrel repo is built, I can take a crack at configuring a baseline check as part of its build... assuming it's Tycho. If it's still buckminster, then... well, we'd have to cobble something else together.

Perhaps a simple p2diff script that could run against the freshly built staging build and the last stable build?

Nick