Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Fwd: [ide-dev] Dropping the release names (Neon, Oxygen) from user downloads

When you say "based on the year", how would that work?

Would it be like defining a school year as it spans two calendar years?

Neon.0, Neon.1, Neon.2, Neon.3,
Oxygen.0, Oxygen.1, Oxygen.2, Oxygen.3 ==>
16-17.0, 16-17.1, 16-17.2, 16-17.3,
17-18.0, 17-18.1, 17-18.2, 17-18.3

Or do you mean we'd drop the notion of the update release number (0,
1, 2, 3) and just use yyyy-mm, like Ubuntu does?

Neon.0, Neon.1, Neon.2, Neon.3,
Oxygen.0, Oxygen.1, Oxygen.2, Oxygen.3 ==>
2016-06, 2016-09, 2016-12, 2017-03,
2017-06, 2017-09, 2017-12, 2017-03