From: David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 12:40:13 -0400
To: <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx>; eclipse.org-planning-council<eclipse.org-planning-council@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Time for a run-off vote

I think this is defensible, as long as you mean you will work with the communities voted rank ordering, as you evaluate the trademark, marketing and other issues. I'd hate to make it sound like you and Ian "look at both of them ..." and just pick your favorite from those left standing  :)

I think this is defensible since is what we should do anyway (have I forgotten what we've done in the past?) ... just provide a rank order that then gets evaluated, in order. If we narrowed it down to one "winner" and it had to be rejected for "trademark, marketing, or other reasons" we'd have to go to second place anyway, (and then to third, fourth ...).

So, that's the plan. If I recall it takes a week or two for this evaluation? I'll update bugzilla and polling page with this info later today.

Let us know what you find.

Thanks,

Note to self ... next year, just one vote, one rank ordering.