Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Time for a run-off vote

I think we should just have the run-off vote as we agreed in the previous call. It won't kill anyone to wait one more week.

In the end the planning council will always have the final decision anyway. If it turns out that voter fatigue prevents people from bothering to vote again, then we can take that into consideration when we have the result. For example if Ion wins the run-off with only 50 votes, but we had 100 votes for Indigo in the first round, we can decide to go with Indigo since the most people voted for it.

John

David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse.org-planning-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/12/2010 05:24 PM

Please respond to
"eclipse.org-planning-council"        <eclipse.org-planning-council@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"eclipse.org-planning-council" <eclipse.org-planning-council@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Time for a run-off vote

Thanks for the applause :) but don't think we can use our own fatigue to call off a run off ... my concern is that we said we would have one, if there wasn't a clear majority, and I'd fear some may have based their voting behavior on that.

On the other hand, if you are saying, that you think the Planning Council should choose Indigo over Ion even if Ion won in a run-off vote ... well, then that'd be a different matter. And the PC could vote here on this mailing list if that was your motion.

Thanks,