Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Exception request for EGit

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 10:18 AM, John Arthorne <John_Arthorne@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I haven't been following the egit project so forgive me if I'm just looking in the wrong place. I just looked on the egit home page to get more information (http://eclipse.org/egit). In the downloads section, it says "No downloads are available yet". Has this project done any builds yet? Under plan information, there is one planned release (v0.6.0, Jan 1, 2010). Has this release happened? Is there a plan for the next release? I'd like to give my +1 here, but would like to see some sign that the project can actually contribute something to the Helios build in the near future...

Oh, only if I could describe you the situation. Two issues: EGit/JGit project separation due to ip concerns and maven/eclipse build issues.

There's a gigantic thread on the egit-dev list about this issue:
    http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/egit-dev/msg00563.html

It boils down to maven/eclipse integration pain. JGit is built using Maven atm... EGit will not. We expect to resolve the building issue soon and as soon as we do, we were going to declare a 0.6.0 release.

We have builds running on build.eclipse.org...
    https://build.eclipse.org/hudson/job/jgit
    https://build.eclipse.org/hudson/job/egit

Active contributions via the Gerrit instance
    http://egit.eclipse.org

So I ask people to be a bit understanding as the plan is updated and build situation sorted out.

Cheers,

--
Chris Aniszczyk | EclipseSource Austin | +1 860 839 2465
http://twitter.com/eclipsesource | http://twitter.com/caniszczyk

Back to the top