Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Exception Request for EEF

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 8:49 AM, Ed Merks <ed.merks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Distinguished Council,
>
> I'd like to request an exception for including EMFT's Extended Editing
> Framework, EEF in the Helios release train. It's an important complementary
> tool to the highly used and deployed EMF.Edit framework, providing reusable
> polished forms-style support for editing model properties. This framework
> allows developers to generate high quality interfaces for Eclipse or RCP and
> as such will be an asset for the Modeling project specifically and to the
> Eclipse Platform generally; it helps put the rich into Rich Client Platform.
> It's developed and supported by folks from Obeo, an Eclipse Strategic
> Developer. With their past track record and experience developing and
> supporting EMF's compare framework, I'm confident they'll have no problems
> meeting all the obligations of being on the train.

+1, EEF makes EMF a bit prettier :)

Also, Obeo is strongly committed to Eclipse so I'm sure they will
continue to produce.

Cheers,

--
Chris Aniszczyk | EclipseSource Austin | +1 860 839 2465
http://twitter.com/eclipsesource | http://twitter.com/caniszczyk

Back to the top