[eclipse.org-planning-council] API Tools and Usage Scanning

On the call today, I mentioned the requirement for people to use API Tooling. Here's a quick link on how to enable it:
    http://wiki.eclipse.org/PDE/User_Guide#Setting_up_API_Tooling

It's as simple as running a wizard and selecting the projects you want to enable with API Tooling. It should take a minute.

As part of the Helios build, we should run the API Usage Scan provided by PDE. I ran a usage scan last year against some of the Galileo release and came up with this:
    http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/2009/06/18/api-usage-scan-against-galileo/

I can volunteer with Oisin to set this up for the Helios release. This is a service we can provide for people on the train. Plus, it should give us some insight in how people are using each other. We can plan fun games like who is the biggest abuser of internal code :)

Cheers,

--
Chris Aniszczyk | EclipseSource Austin | +1 860 839 2465
http://twitter.com/eclipsesource | http://twitter.com/caniszczyk

Back to the top