From: Oliver E Cole [mailto:oec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2009 5:13 PM
To: ian.skerrett@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: 'eclipse.org-planning-council'; janet.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Train Name

   Good point, duh, I should have done that before I sent out the names
for a vote.....

   OCS does its own trademark work, (we just renewed powerada!).  And we
have rootcause too, so when you are debugging make sure you say "The
root cause of the problem is ...." and not "The rootcause of the problem
is..."  To be safe, pause for at least a second between the words "root"
and "cause" when speaking ;)

   Anyway, I went to http://www.uspto.gov/ and did a trademark search on
helios.  A lot of hits, but I checked them all and I couldn't see where
any would be confused with Eclipse Helios.  There were a few software
products, but they were targeted to medical applications, power
management and the like.

--oec

Ian Skerrett wrote:
> Oliver,
>
> I have no objections to Helios.  I would suggest the planning council
> finalizes on the name and then we need to do a trademark review on it.
Once
> the trademark review is done, then we a good to go.

Oliver E Cole                                  oec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
OC Systems                                     www.ocsystems.com
9990 Lee Hwy, Suite 270                        (v) 703.359.8160 x160
Fairfax, VA, 22030                             (f) 703.359.8161

Back to the top