Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] A suggested topic for PlanningCouncil Discussion

jograham@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
We have policies and procedures
designed to include the Eclipse community at large, and I was wondering how
policies decided only by the Planning Council interact with that system.

Yoikes, I certainly was not trying to say that the Planning Council should trump the community-at-large. My philosophy was more about "the simultaneous release is a product of the Planning Council, just as the WTP download is a product of the WTP PMC". Thus the Planning Council should define what it means to be part of simultaneous release.
Of course it is possible that a project
not on the release train but wishing to release on the same day as the
release train could get its IP reviewed in time,
Of course.
In
the past, however, I think it's fair to say that projects on the release
train have enjoyed higher priority for their IP requests, and I was
wondering if the release train is the right way to make such a distinction
in service levels (assuming we should at all), rather than (random examples
follow), say, mature/incubating, +1 dependency/+2 dependency projects
differences.

That's correct. In the past the priority has been: (i) +0 projects, (ii) +1 projects, (iii) +2 projects, (iv) non-simultaneous release mature projects, and (v) everything else.

- Bjorn
--

[end of message]

Back to the top