[eclipse.org-planning-council] RE: Europa-o-matic respin required for MDT-EODM

Hi all,

it sounds weird to me that "Europa on Monday" would
be different than "Europa on Friday".

Given that EODM is neither in the EPP packages nor
required by any upstream clients, we're only talking
about the update site here, so that may be OK; I'm
only worried about people who just select "All of
Europa" on the Update site to grab everything.

They would get outdated EODM stuff, and what's making
things worse is that the version number was made
smaller (2.0.0M6 --> 0.9.0) so they cannot even use
update manager to update later on, they will stick
with the outdated version.

Given all these, I would suggest the following:
  - remove EODM from the Europa site.xml today
    to ensure nobody grabs the outdated stuff
  - respin and upload the new jars as soon as
    possible
  - re-add EODM to the Europa site.xml when all
    mirrors are up to date again.

When I'm not mistaken, the site.xml file will always
be grabbed from the Europa master site and only
the jars are grabbed from the mirrors, so removing
something from site.xml should be possible.

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber
Wind River Systems, Inc.