[eclipse.org-planning-council] Example for feature.xml ? (was: EM legal documentation pledge)

Title: EM legal documentation pledge
Hello Paul, Ingo, Bjorn -

In the process of checking / preparing the proper legal documentation for DSDP-TM, and not being aware of an "official" example for feature.xml / license.html from Bjorn, I was checking the Eclipse Monkey feature. I thought this might be a good example since you had certified it's OK, it seemed small enough, I think Bjorn is somehow affiliated to Dash/Monkey, and it contains the MPL non-EPL license.

I think that I found some flaws in your legal documentation:
  • In feature.xml, you have the words of the EPL but I think it should be the "Eclipse Foundation Software User Agreement"
  • In feature.xml, the bulleted-table-of-contents is missing
  • Your E-Mail references org.eclipse.eclipsemonkey 1.0.0 but the CVS Repository has version 0.1.10
Perhaps I looked at the wrong place in CVS, but feature.xml was last change on 5/30/2007 so I hope I did:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.dash/org.eclipse.eclipsemonkey-feature/feature.xml?revision=1.20&root=Technology_Project&view=markup

Please don't take this as a personal offence, I just wanted to do it right myself and happened to take yours as example.
My understanding is that the current rules are documented in
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/eclipse.org-planning-council/msg00591.html

I next checked ECF, and it looked better, but still not quite appropriate:
  • The text in feature.xml seems to resemble the EPL and/or some about.html like format rather than the "Eclipse Foundation Software User Agreement"
  • The license.html file has some odd formatting and appears to be more like an about.html rather than a feature license
  • The Copyright in feature.xml only has year 2004 but should be 2004, 2007
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.ecf/features/org.eclipse.ecf.core-feature/feature.xml?revision=1.107&root=Technology_Project&view=markup

To be honest, I'm now really confused. I'm not even sure any more whether Bjorn's instructions are correct.
Because there was an older guideline that the license text in feature.xml should just be an ASCII transcript of license.html -- but if we're asked to have the "Eclipse Foundation Software User Agreement" in feature.xml but the actual licenses in license.html this is no longer true.

Bjorn I think it's high time to provide an officially certified example for this, or many projects will invest time into trying to do it right but failing to do so.
Or does an official example already exist and I missed it?
Does anybody know of a concrete example that is certified and verified by Bjorn / Janet to be correct?

I'm trying my best now for DSDP-TM, in order to hold today's due date for the legal pledge.
But in the absence of an example, I cannot guarantee I'm getting this right - so I'll pledge I've done it to the best of my knowledge.

Martin Oberhuber
Wind River Systems, Inc.
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm