Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Questions About Release Review

Hi Tim/all,

I've noticed that some projects (like webtools, and ECF...my project, which copied webtools) have IP logs in html form.  I can easily understand this from a web site visibility and accessibility point of view as per Tim's comments, but the docs say use CSV file:

http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/project-log.php

Which is required/preferred?  Anyone created an html generation script that uses CSV or something?

Thanks,

Scott

The Tim Wagner wrote:

1. YHi Tou create the IP log yourself from information about your 3rd party usage, contribution questionnaire history, etc. You can see the WTP one here: http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/development/ip_log.html. The best thing to do is to link it from your web pages, so that it’s public/transparent and then all you have to do is include the URL in your release review and have Janet (EMO legal counsel for IP matters) certify it.

2. Project metadata drives the construction of pages like http://www.eclipse.org/projects/ by providing information to PHP scripts that formulate it into HTML in various parts of the Eclipse.org website. This is placed in a directory in your web arena in CVS called “project-info”. The easiest way to set it up is to take another project’s version and copy/modify it for yours (though you might want to look at a couple of them to make sure you’re seeing all the options). I believe Bjorn is the knowledge center for this, but I suspect you can quickly clone something that will satisfy the basic needs.

Sorry for the delay…was on vacation, and having trouble grinding through the thousands of emails that accumulated…

Best,

-t